2014 Combined Meeting
April 27-30, 2014 Bakersfield, California
Pacific Section American Association of Petroleum Geologists
Pacific Section SEPM (Society for Sedimentary Geology)
Pacific Coast Section Society of Exploration Geophysicists
Special Session of the Pacific Section SEPM:
“Cenozoic Geologic History of Southern California – Dedicated to the Memory of A. Eugene Fritsche”
Organizers & Session Co-chairs:
Occidental of Elk Hills
|Mario V. Caputo
Department of Geological Sciences
San Diego State University &
California Polytechnic University, Pomona
This Special Oral Session of the Pacific Section SEPM (Society for Sedimentary Geology) will honor the career achievements of Gene Fritsche, emeritus professor CSU Northridge: sedimentologist, field geologist, field trip leader, mentor, and a prominent institution in the Pacific Sections AAPG and SEPM. The session will showcase recent work of student and professional geologists on Paleogene and Neogene paleogeography, sedimentology, stratigraphy, and tectonism of the Santa Ynez Range, Santa Monica Mountains, San Joaquin Hills, Santa Ana Mountains, White-Inyo Mountains, Cuyama Basin, among other locations in greater southern California to which Gene passionately dedicated his field research.
SUBMITTAL DEADLINE FOR THIS SESSION ONLY: February 28, 2014
SUBMIT ABSTRACT FOR THIS SESSION TO: Jon Allen Jonathan.Allen@chevron.com
Indicate below the abstract title that the abstract is being submitted for the A. Eugene Fritsche Special Session
Please review PS-AAPG website for information regarding Abstract submittal: http://psaapg.org/2014-convention/
Fritsche Session Call For Abstracts (PDF)
Mark your calendar and consider attending the 2014 PSAAPG Annual Meeting from April 27 to April 30 in Bakersfield, CA.
Call for papers, registration, and other pertinent information will be coming out soon!
PSAAPG 2014 Announcement (PDF)
The deadline for submitting abstracts to the 2013 Joint PSAAPG / SPE / PSSEPM Conference has been extended!
Submit your Abstract by
The best student poster presentation will receive the John Cooper Award
Submit Your Abstract NOW!
April 19-25, 2013
2013 Joint PSAAPG / SPE / PSSEPM Conference
Joint Technical Conference
Energy & the Environment Working Together for the Future
Submit your abstract to:
and list what session you prefer and oral or poster.
CALL FOR PAPERS! Joint PSAAPG / SPE / PSSEPM Conference – Monterey April 19th – 25th, 2013 at the Portola Hotel & Spa (www.portalahotel.com) Energy & the Environment – Working Together for the Future Sessions
- Reviving Old Giants and Recognizing New Potential Mature Basins
- Opening Up the West: New and Overlooked Opportunities in Unconventional Reservoirs
- Sedimentary and Biogeochemistry of the Monterey Formation & Upwelling Sediments: a Session Dedicated to Bob Garrison
- Contributions to the Geology of the Sacramento Valley
- Arctic Energy Opportunities: from the Cook Inlet to the North Slope and Beyond
- Geothermal Development in a Changing Energy Landscape
- Energy and the Environment
- Outcrop, Subsurface and Modern Seafloor Studies of California’s Turbidite Systems
- The Stratigraphic Architecture of Deep-Water Depositional Models
- Fluvial and Shallow-Marine Depositional Systems: Insights from Outcrops and Subsurface Prediction
- Western North America Earthquake Hazards: What’s Shakin’?
- Faults, Folds, Transforms and Terranes of Western North America
- Sediment Routing in Western North America
- Tectonics and Sedimentation on the Pacific Margin of North America: New Developments and Interpretations
- Analysis and Modeling of the Dynamics of Coupled Seascapes and Landscapes
- Undergraduate Research Poster Session
Submit Your Abstract NOW! Submit your abstract to: email@example.com and list what session you prefer and oral or poster. Deadline for submission is 1/15/13