Dr. A. Eugene Fritsche passed away on July 7, 2013. Gene joined the CSU Northridge’s Department of Geological Sciences in Fall 1964, after receiving his Ph.D. from UCLA. He twice served as Department Chair, retired in Spring 2000 and was immediately granted emeritus status. Gene was a long time supporter and past President of the Pacific Section SEPM and held the title as Senior Advisor for Life. Gene was an native of Los Angeles and grew up with love of the hills and complex geology that surrounded him. Although he traveled to every continent on Earth, always fascinated with the rocks and geology that he saw, the geology of southern California remained his lifelong passion. Gene was a caring teacher who made his students strive for the best, a strong mentor and role model for his research students, a leader in shaping the path of the department for decades, and a legend in the world of southern California geology. Equally important in his life were his family and the incredible adventures they shared for more than 50 years. His service to his fellow men and woman through Habitat for Humanity and other aid agencies improved the lives of many, and his kindness and humor touched their lives forever leaving happy memories. His loving and intrepid wife, Sue, said that Gene so enjoyed teaching geology at CSUN; and even though his life was a little shorter then we would have liked, he had a very happy and adventurous life with all his world travels and his many, many service projects. You can send memories of Gene to email@example.com, and we will pass them on to Sue.
More pictures of Gene http://www.csun.edu/geology/AEF passing.htm
The deadline for submitting abstracts to the 2013 Joint PSAAPG / SPE / PSSEPM Conference has been extended!
Submit your Abstract by
The best student poster presentation will receive the John Cooper Award
Submit Your Abstract NOW!
April 19-25, 2013
2013 Joint PSAAPG / SPE / PSSEPM Conference
Joint Technical Conference
Energy & the Environment Working Together for the Future
Submit your abstract to:
and list what session you prefer and oral or poster.
CALL FOR PAPERS! Joint PSAAPG / SPE / PSSEPM Conference – Monterey April 19th – 25th, 2013 at the Portola Hotel & Spa (www.portalahotel.com) Energy & the Environment – Working Together for the Future Sessions
- Reviving Old Giants and Recognizing New Potential Mature Basins
- Opening Up the West: New and Overlooked Opportunities in Unconventional Reservoirs
- Sedimentary and Biogeochemistry of the Monterey Formation & Upwelling Sediments: a Session Dedicated to Bob Garrison
- Contributions to the Geology of the Sacramento Valley
- Arctic Energy Opportunities: from the Cook Inlet to the North Slope and Beyond
- Geothermal Development in a Changing Energy Landscape
- Energy and the Environment
- Outcrop, Subsurface and Modern Seafloor Studies of California’s Turbidite Systems
- The Stratigraphic Architecture of Deep-Water Depositional Models
- Fluvial and Shallow-Marine Depositional Systems: Insights from Outcrops and Subsurface Prediction
- Western North America Earthquake Hazards: What’s Shakin’?
- Faults, Folds, Transforms and Terranes of Western North America
- Sediment Routing in Western North America
- Tectonics and Sedimentation on the Pacific Margin of North America: New Developments and Interpretations
- Analysis and Modeling of the Dynamics of Coupled Seascapes and Landscapes
- Undergraduate Research Poster Session
Submit Your Abstract NOW! Submit your abstract to: firstname.lastname@example.org and list what session you prefer and oral or poster. Deadline for submission is 1/15/13